Sunday, May 16, 2010

We also have FUN!


Seems like the majority of posts here are work related. It's good for us because we have records of when we planted and did things around the farm. I've tried different record-keeping methods and so far, this blog has been the best/ consistent- mostly because it's photo driven. I pretty much have a camera on me or nearby most of the time, so as long as I take a photo of what we're doing, we've got a record.

We woke up yesterday to a beautiful day and called some friends to see if they wanted to join us for late afternoon bbq/dinner.
Husky the dog had been here since 7am. I tried all morning to get her to leave, but she would NOT budge. She's been here 6+ times since she first visited, and is very needy. Her owners are ambivalent about her, so we were trying to find her a better, loving home. Jake wanted to meet her, so he showed up at noonish, and since the day was so beautiful, and the kids wanted to swim, we decided to crack open the beers and start early.
GB was industrious and mowed while we waited for others to get here. I think Jake and I had drunk 2 beers each by the time he was even finished with the mowing!



Everyone arrived a little later and we had a lovely time with great food (as usual). Kids played in the pool and watched movies, and the big ones enjoyed their computer time

Jake is often serving drinks
Newly licensed Ra'am was sent out to pick up kids who needed reuniting with their parents


On another note about this blog...
I took the 1st 1.5 years or so and turned it into a book. I am SOOOO thrilled with it. I had it printed thru blurb.com-- they have software that "slurps" the blog and then you can manipulate the layout of each post. It's been amazing and so fun to sit and look thru the book and relive the house planning/ building and all of the plantings and stuff we've done. For the (2? 3?) of you who actually read this blog, I highly recommend it! Our book is like 250+ pages and cost us about $70. Not bad!

2 comments:

SwedeLife said...

Wonderful to see the chilling out in the paradise you work so hard to create...seeing that book gave me chills for some reason, so awesome!!!1

Andy said...

Wow-wee! That looks like a wonderful chill time w/the peeps, mamacita. And I think that book looks amazing! I can't wait to kick my feet up by the pool and take look at it! :D You guys have done a TON of hard work, it's so satisfying to see you guys enjoying it all! :D