Saturday, November 03, 2007

Thailand- shop, shop, and shopping

Sawasdee Jao!



I learned a great deal in Thailand. Especially about the similarities between local style Hawaiian time and Thai time...It takes a long time to get anything done.

I'm not going to give out any recommendations yet...until everything arrives, but Suthep Suwanwichanee was incredibly helpful and did his best to show me all the options when buying doors and furniture.

Here is a typical door manufacturing work area.


This is Sanong's furniture factory where our patio furniture is going to be made.


I was most excited on the last days when I got to go looking for art. I found a beautiful Cambodian styled Buddha


and some sandstone bas relief to cover one of our CMU walls.


All in all I bought over 300 items from trim to a toy chest for Luka. On my one day off I went to Doi Suthep, a Buddhist temple in the mountains above Chiang Mai.


It was a great trip but it is good to be back.

No comments: