Friday, April 18, 2008

Ouch!

I was working on clearing the view plane from the house and pool down into the gulch and towards the ocean. There is a snarl of guava locally known as Waiwi.

Chainsaw work is dangerous and often I imagine the worst. I am careful, but when I get tired I'm probably not as in control of everything as I should be.

Waiwi is flexible stuff. After about 3 hours of cutting, one of the trees snapped back and bounced the chainsaw onto my thigh.
It cut right through my jeans.
Blood welled up immediately.
It was a small deep cut.
About as thick as the chain on the saw.
I applied pressure and went back to the truck and bandaged it up.

Now I'm laying on my back with my leg up trying to figure out if I was as safe as I could have been.

Karen won't let me post a picture of the wound. She says it is too gory.

No comments: