Friday, February 05, 2010

New Kids on the Block

Meet Tamarind and Thorn. Born December 10, 2009. They're Nubian Goat kids.


Gandhi, Floyd and Neo knew something was up

Come and meet your new brothers!
This is Tamarind. He's smaller than his brother Thorn. They were from a litter (?) of quadruplets. The other 2 were females
Luka feeds all goats
A natural born leader
After settling the goats (and taking tons of photos), I picked up Ra'am and Noam. I showed them the photos on the camera but neither thought they were that cute.... until we got home. The oohs and ahhs were so loud!
Ra'am and Thorn
Noam and Tamarind
Me and Thorn
The following morning I decided to take the 5 goats for a walk. They were very docile and easy to manage. We had to make a quick detour at the house for me to get something, and they all waited patiently downstairs.
While here, they made tons of noise, and GB started referring to me as his Crazy Goat Lady wife.... hmmm.....

Day 3 am, Luka and I took the goats to the upper pasture

Tamarind gets very excited sometimes. I caught him mid air hereAlign Center
And in other animal news....
Pippi is now acting like a peacock.... flashing up her big tail.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Oh Karen - they are gorgeous! You must be a very happy crazy goat lady! That pic mid-air is amazing! What a goofy goat! :D