Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No Mosquitoes Today

Karen might have had a cloud of them, but today I was there for few hours with my new chainsawing partner Kapila and did not see even one mosquito. Lots of fruit flies feasting on the fallen strawberry guava (aka Waiwi), but no skeeters.

We are in stage two of clearing the Ridge. I'll post pics next time I go (maybe tomorrow if the weather holds).

I spent a half hour picking up all kinds of trash today: pieces of metal roofing, old bottles, a shovel head, plastic tubing, PVC pipes, and got punctured by barbed wire hidden in some vines! I used the abandon concrete mixer as a trashcan.

One of the bennies of the Ridge is it it totally free of trash.

The Highland has a few truck tires scattered about, but will be easy to clean up.

Down By the River has trash everywhere. It will be a long time before we can run our fingers through the gorgeous black soil without pulling out a nail, some plastic or a piece of glass :(

No comments: