Monday, December 11, 2006

Photos!

Click on any picture to make it bigger.

I was looking at this majestic coconut palm today. It's a little hard to see in the picture, but down on the left is all of her babies. A little grove of new coconut palms.
New growth! I know it's just weeds and stuff, but it's so pretty to see little plants coming up after the razing left over after dozing! Here is Saul, fearless dozer dude. This is the "driveway", pre-clearing. Saul is ready to tackle this project! Here's our big and fabulous mango tree. Everytime I look at it I'm just in awe! It's perfection in a tree.Part of our driveway.... looking back towards the highway. Luka and I at the bottom part of the property. We look happy. Here's the access road down to the river. It makes walking down there WAAAY easier. Luka and I spent an hour down there throwing rocks. It's amazing how rocks can occupy a two year old's attention for so long (well almost 2, anyways : ) )
Noam took some pics. Apparently he thinks the view is picture worthy ; ) GB is always thrilled to be standing where we will live. Look at that view behind him!!! He's standing about where we want to put the pool! OK. This is a weed. This pretty, heart shaped seed is from an african tulip tree. When we moved here we thought they were so pretty. I mean, a tree that flowers all of the time?? Amazing, right?? But every flower equals a ton of these pretty little seeds, easily blown on the wind. This translates to african tulips everywhere. And what pests. I recently found a major leak in our yard where some roots of one of these busted the pvc pipe. yikes! but I can still appreciate the simplicity of the seed. What's a post w/o a few pictures of the little sprite, playing?? I took these this am.... he's playing where we'll have a circular driveway. Isn't he cute??

No comments: