Monday, December 11, 2006

Stirring up the LAND!

Big things have been happening here, despite our infrequent posting. We've had tons of dozing work done in the last month. And with big machines, change is rapid!

In the middle of begining work with the new dozer guy, we took a family trip to Florida and LA to visit with family and celebrate Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful trip- great to see our parents..... and as usual, it's always fabulous to come home to Hawai'i!

Louis Nobriga has been out there with crew, altering the landscape to be a little more user friendly. He's made an access road down to the river, as well as a nice housepad at the bottom of the property that will be used for something.

At the top of the property we've dozed the driveway down from the highway. I just stopped by there on my way home from town and they're laying rock/ gravel down on the road, and Louis said that probably tomorrow I can drive my van down there! Exciting stuff!!!!

We also have Andrew Taufa on board already to do a rock wall at the front of the driveway. woo hoo!

We now need to come up with some house plans.... find a pool maker (the guy who was gonna do it is getting out of it).... a contractor, plus tons of other things. These ones are the more exciting (and maybe a wee bit stressful??).

I've taken a ton of pics in the last couple of visits there. I think I'll just put them in their own post : )

plus.... I'm certain that I've forgotten to include some crucial happening. So another post is in order.

No comments: