Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Colors, oh my

I have a backlog of posts to post, with tons of pictures in the camera..... but those will have to wait.

GB and I have really been putting off the color decision for the exterior of the house. It just sounded too.... BIG! So we put it off and put it off, and in that time made a million decisions about flooring, tile, fixtures, cabinets, appliances (not done yet) and other things. It's been a busy 2008 so far!

So when it came to the actual time to pick colors (and believe me, Gene has been mentioning it to us for a while), we were so burnt out that we made our color decision rather quickly.

The painters were there right away, applying primer that's been tinted with the paint colors.

Behold...
and closer up
a little bright, no?? bold? exciting? not blah??

we freaked out a little over it. We wanted the yellow to look like the cedar (doesn't). And the purple fascia was to "match" the purple beams.
Now anyone who knows me knows that purple has been my favorite color since I was a wee girl. But I figured that I could always use purple as an accent in the house- like pillows or something.

And then I worried about the gutters that will be right on that fascia.... do gutters come in a matching purple (of course not!).

So after a night of hemming and hawing... discussing, arguing (a teeny bit), GB telling me that I could do whatever I wanted (he's very busy with his movie.... just had Gary Rizzo from Skywalker Sound sign on to strangeframe!!!!!), and a long winded message to Gene, we went to bed.

Of course Gene called us early. If we were going to change the color, we pretty much needed to tell them now. Painters were there at the site and ready to go.
I talked to Tom, the painter. He was really nice and basically complimented us on our color choices. He said that people are so boring usually in their color choices, and ours were so bold! BUT.... he said we could change our minds. They've bought the paint, but haven't applied it yet.
After MORE talk with GB (where GB was trying to bow out of the decision), I called back Tom and told him to leave it.

So.... a yellow and purple house we will live in. A dream come true???

We figure that we'll have to repaint in 7-10 years anyways and can always change it then!

In simpler news....
Walls facing the pond are going up (we DID decide that these will be a different color)



our bathroom
Kitchen!

No comments: